Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Surprise! No show

Of course that guy didn't show up Sat to return the $5.  What is funny is that if he had, I was going to tell him to keep it.  I just let him tell me he would return with it to see if he would.  But I am not surprised, just disappointed.
Well if business gets any slower for me, I may have to start borrowing money too.  Would hate to do that.  This little used book store has at least paid its own expenses, and other that a start up fund for the renovations back in 2005 I have not had to put my "own" money into it.  I only take out a little each week to pay for my gas.  But that's OK.  I love my little store and am so happy to show up here on Wed.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping that we'd all be pleasantly surprised by his returning on Saturday.
    I do hope that things pick up enough for you to not have any thoughts about the shop not paying for itself. Of course, you could call it a wee expensive "hobby", but that is not what anyone would want if they can help it. Best of luck to you......maybe the "Christmas Rush" will just be the thing, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete