Saturday, September 3, 2011

The weaver in me





About 3 years ago I went to Iowa to finally take my friend up on her offer to teach me to weave rugs. I bought this little table top loom from her and stayed a whole week with her to learn how to set it up and weave. I really love the process. I set the loom up in the store and have sold quite a few rugs. The table top limits me to only 20 inch wide rugs, and my friend told me I would want a floor loom one day. Well that day has come and I now have a floor loom at home. Waiting to get a little help on setting it up, so I will have more to tell about that later. I hope to get alot of rugs made up and with my other crafting things do a craft festival one of these days and sell a bunch, or a better idea was to help with a benefit for a very good friend who has a devastating disease. So in the mean time I just keep weaving. Isn't there a bird called a weaver bird. Will have to look that one up.


1 comment:

  1. Too bad those "naps times" in Kindergarten no longer take place......that 20" width would be perfect for those kids!

    ReplyDelete