Friday, September 23, 2011

Another passion

I want to show some of my bowls that I make.  Right off I want to give credit where credit is due.  I bought a book called It's a Wrap by Susan Braier that teaches you step by step how to do this.  All you need is piping cord, fabric, and a sewing machine that will do ziz-zag.
I don't have any pictures of the wrapping process but you can see the cord under the foot here.  I won't go into detail on the wrapping here, there are easy instructions on line if you go to this site:   http://www.craftstylish.com/item/33825/how-to-sew-a-fabric-bowl

The rest of the pictures are of some of the bowls I have made the last few months.  It is addictive for sure! My next project is a handbag that is made sort of like the last bowl only much taller and then handles and a clasp added.  They are very sturdy and I guarantee you that you can't set one down with out putting "stuff" in it!   Of course every time I show my husband one he has to try it on his head.  MEN! 

1 comment:

  1. They are extremely cool......I may have to try doing one. Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete