Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sold!





Got the big monster loom sold this past weekend.  Glad to see it go.  I ran an ad on Craigs list and this guy from about 100 miles away bought it.  Turns out he is an immigrant from Chili and he is wanting to learn to weave again.  Apparently he used to know how about 20 years ago and remembers the basics.  He got the big warping post too.  So now I have room to set up my new loom and get on with some ideas.

At class today I started a new project.  I figured out how much warp I would need and put it on the warping board. Will be using  2 colors so that I can learn how to do that and warp the loom.  So have the warp wound on the beam and had to stop.  Only took me 2 1/2 hrs to do all that!  So next time I will get all the warping done and can start weaving the pattern I picked out.  I think it will be colorful if not down right awesome!!  Pictures in a couple weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your sale! I look forward to seeing the new loom and photos of the new weaving.
    Your twill runner is very nice, too. Having been working on twill samplers myself, I hope to finish with the samplers soon and begin something "real"....you know what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete