Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Velveteen Principles






I use a quote from the Velveteen Rabbit (children's book)  on my other blog as a header. I just love what it says.

"You 'BECOME' the horse said to the rabbit. 'It doesn't happen all at once. It takes a very long time. Generally by the time you are REAL most of your hair has been loved off and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But those things don't matter, because you are real, you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.' " >>> The Velvateen Rabbit

I had a customer come in the other day and asked if I had read the book for adults called The Velveteen Principles?  I said I had never heard of it, but was intrigued, so had to order the book.  It came yesterday so now I will read it and see what I think.  It is supposed to be how we can live our lives by following the simple principles that are in this child's book.  Sounds good to me.  Life has gotten so complicated and it is of our own doing.  I really feel sorry for children growing up now.  But maybe the older generation said the same about us when we were growing up.  Remember when Elvis came on the scene and the oldsters all said the younger generation was going to Hell for watching him?  Of course I was only a child then, but I do remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment