Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Yokes on Me!

I wrote out a pattern that I wanted to use for warping my new floor loom this past weekend.  I got busy and wrapped my warp according to my pattern onto my warping board.  Well last pm I took it off the board and laid it out on the floor (after putting the leasing sticks in place) and it got longer and longer.  I had planned for 6 yards.  Now don't get ahead on me!  But you guessed it.  I had 12 yards!  I forgot to count my wraps going back up the board!  Maybe all beginners do this once.  So I got it all stretched out, mounted onto the rod for the beam, and onto the raddle and stopped.  I called a life line, my friend from weaving class and asked her to come over this morning before we go to class and she helped me wrap the beam. (after she stopped laughing)  So now I am set to make a rug or 2 on this warping.  Will take a picture of that when I get something started.


The picture above is what I am doing at the college.  Just got a good start on it today after I did the hemming stitch which came out pretty good. The warp is red and brown.  The weft is pretty accurate with what you see in the pic.  I plan to do a wide swath of the gold then several feet of the turquoise (have lots more of it than the gold)  then repeat the end (in reverse of course)  I am having to watch and beat this very softly.  I am a good rug maker and beat the fire out of my rugs.  LOL  This will be a wall hanging when I am done with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment