Friday, May 24, 2013

sample of leno lace

This is just a beginner sample of what I learned at the fiber guild mtg last Sun.  We were learning how to do some fancy patterns on the little rigid heddle loom.  Still have a ton to learn but like the idea here.


Just took this big 80 inch rug off the loom last nite, still has the filler in place and ends not tied off.  It is actually more gold and browns than the picture shows.
Had a great time Sun doing another weaving demonstration and actually got to sell a few rugs at same time.  Here is a pic of me at my post.
You will notice that my feet got hot!   Also the guy on the left is spinning some nice rose dyed wool into yarn.
Off on a little vacation for a week.  Will have pictures when I get back.

Thought for the day: Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light

No comments:

Post a Comment