Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A re-read

I am re reading the complete set of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series of 7 books with the 8th promised.  Maybe by the time I get thru these the new book will be out.  I first read them over 8 to 10 years ago and I read them as I was able to find them.  So now I am into the second book  Dragonfly in Amber.  It is rather fun to read a book that you have read before.  I am amazed at the details that I either forgot or didn't grasp when I read them the first time.  Sort of makes the reading a little richer and you already feel you know the characters.  This is probably my favorite series. 
You may think I am weird but I am planning on re reading the Clan of the Cave Bear series again.  I think they were really well written and it has been many years since I read them as they were printed back in the 80's.

Had a new customer in the store last week and she saw my book lying on the counter and commented that it was her favorite series, and when I mentioned wanting to re read the Clan series again she said she was planning to do that too.  Found out she is a weaver and knows some of the folks at the college where I have been taking weaving classes for 2 semesters.  She has set her loom aside for several years.  I think I got her interested in coming to the Fiber Guild mtg for Feb with me.

Feels good to be back at my regular hours in the store now. 

1 comment:

  1. Add me to the list of loving the Outlander series, too. :) I have read the books and also listened to them as I knit or weave. I've really come to enjoy hearing books read to me, but haven't lost the love for one in my hands either.
    The Clan series was very good, too, but at times I got a little exasperated by some of the "self doubt and angst" that kept reoccurring. I have the last book on my iTouch, but haven't listened to any of it yet, but am working my way towards it. :) I haven't read any glowing critiques of it, but figured I should give it a chance and make my own decision on if I like it or not.
    I'm pleased to hear that you are more or less back in your regular schedule. I hope things continue to progress positively.

    ReplyDelete